EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
An experienced family law attorney and mediator, Kristen is always prepared. She is a tenacious advocate with a practical, down-to-earth problem solving approach.
Kristen works for her clients to generate solutions designed to provide for and protect their children, preserve their accumulated wealth, and build a secure financial future.
Kristen draws on her background in general civil litigation, business law, contracts, estate planning, and probate in representing clients with a variety of interests, some fairly straightforward and others complex.
Kristen has been recognized as a Top 10 under 40 Family Lawyer in Tennessee and a Top 10 Family Lawyer in Tennessee by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, a Top 40 under 40 Family Lawyer in Tennessee by the American Society of Legal Advocates, a Top 40 under 40 Trial Attorney by The National Trial Lawyers, a Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Lawyer by The National Advocates, a Mid-South SuperLawyer, and a “10 Best” Family Law Attorney for Client Satisfaction in Tennessee by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
Providing Options that Benefit You
While litigation may be necessary or inevitable, years of trial work have strengthened Kristen’s commitment to alternative dispute resolution, as it increases client involvement and control in the overall outcome. Kristen is a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 listed family law mediator and she regularly mediates family law matters. She is also a founding member of the Middle Tennessee Collaborative Alliance and has an active, successful collaborative family law practice.
Kristen’s practice includes all areas of family law, including international and domestic divorce and custody matters, post-divorce matters including modifications of alimony, child support, and parenting plans, orders of protection, terminations of parental rights and adoptions, parentage matters, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership agreements, juvenile law, dependent and neglect matters, probate law, and estate planning.
INFORMED AND INVOLVED IN HER AREAS OF PRACTICE
Kristen serves as the Co-Chair for the Middle Tennessee Collaborative Alliance. She is a past Chair and Co-Chair of the Domestic Relations Committee of the Nashville Bar Association. She serves as an advisory board member for the Center for Law + Advocacy at Christ Presbyterian Academy. She produces continuing legal education seminars regarding hot topics in family law and is also a writer and speaker on timely family law, estate planning, and probate issues. She is the co-editor of Volume 15, Chapter 2 of the Tennessee Practice Series on Separation and Marital Dissolution Agreements.
Kristen is a member of the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators, the Middle Tennessee Collaborative Alliance, the International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners, the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, the American Society of Legal Advocates, The National Trial Lawyers, The National Advocates, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
Prior to forming Lindsey Amonette Nemer + Glassford, PLLC, Kristen practiced law at Nashville law firm Dodson Parker Behm & Capparella PC and also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Marietta Shipley, former judge of the Second Circuit Court for Davidson County, Tennessee.
A Tennessee native, Kristen enjoys living and practicing law in middle Tennessee. Born in Memphis, Kristen graduated from St. Mary’s Episcopal School and Rhodes College before attending the University of Tennessee College of Law and moving to Nashville.
Kristen is the proud mother of three amazing children, ages 17, 12, and 9.
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed Family Law Mediator – 2007
- Licensed to Practice Law, Tennessee – 2002
- Admission to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit – 2008
- Rhodes College – B.A. – 2002, B.A. Political Science, Minor International Studies, Cum Laude
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D. – 2002, Student Materials Editor Tennessee Law Review, Member of Association of Trial Lawyers of America (“ATLA”) Trial Team
- Tennessee Family Law Mediator training – 2007
- Collaborative Law training – 2009
- Member Tennessee Bar Association
- Member Nashville Bar Association – Past Chair and Co-Chair of Domestic Relations Committee 2011-2019
- Member International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member Middle Tennessee Collaborative Alliance – Current Co-Chair and past board member
- Member Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators
- Super Lawyers – Top Rated Family Law Attorney – 2014 to present
- The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys – Top 10 for Excellence in the Field of Family Law – 2014 to present
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 – 2015-2017
- Nations Top One Percent – 2015 to present
- The American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 100 Family Lawyer in Tennessee – 2017 to Present
- The American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 Family Lawyer Under 40 – 2014-2016
- The National Advocates – Top 30 Matrimonial and Family Law – 2020-2021
- The National Advocates – Top 100 Lawyers – 2017-2018
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best Attorneys-TN- For Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service – 2016 to present
- AVVO – Top Rated Lawyer
“I recently went through a nasty divorce and Kristen helped me feel taken care of and “safe” from a legal standpoint. Friendly, sharp, efficient and incredibly knowledgeable about the subject matter, I would highly recommend her to anyone facing the same hard times. She is also bills extremely fair, which helped ease unnecessary stress during such a difficult time.”